Tuesday 8 February 2011

Head Over Heals For All Things Handwritten

This post is especially for people who like me slightly obsess about notebooks, yes as daft as it may seem I do mean paper notebooks. I have recently been away with work at a trade show and stationary stands were surrounding me (its best to let you know that since I was a child I would spend any money I had on pens, pencils & notebooks an it hasn't stopped as I've got older.) Whilst at this trade show I had a hunt around what all the other stationary stalls were having to offer an came across some new brands that I thought I would share with you.

There are your well known brands such as Moleskin, Muji & smythson (I would love to own a smythson notebook however it would have to be some special notes that would be getting written on those pages.
Smythson- Travel & Experiences Book

Leuchttrum 1917-Leuchtturm (meaning “lighthouse”) is a German philately and numismatic supply company founded in 1917.
These are pocket sized notebooks with hard covers. They have an elastic enclosure band, a page marker ribbon, and a pocket inside the back cover. The new, ink-proof paper in the Leuchtturm notebooks is definitely an improvement over the earlier paper. It handled even the wettest inks without any bleed through. The extra archiving features make this journal ideal if you like to categorize and/or organize your information. This is where the Leuchtturm journals really shines.
Leuchttrum 1917 Notebooks
Tyler Bender Book Co- Builds colorful notebooks from recycled, vintage and other salvaged materials. Each piece constructed by hand in Los Angeles, California.
Tyler Bender- Customised Notebooks
Apica- These notebooks are a Smythson alternative. It's hard to explain just how thin and floppy these notebooks are,but the thinness of the notebooks to be a wonderful advantage. It would easily slip into a bag that was stuffed to the gills. The paper inside is wonderfully smooth and brilliant to write on especially if you write with a fountain pen like me.
Apica- Notebooks
Whitelines- First impression is that it is a clean, modern look quite similar to Moleskin— the drawing-hand logo is cute and the orange and white color scheme is cheery. The cover of each notebook tells you the paper type– lined or squared are your options. The quality of these notebooks seems excellent– they feel well-made and substantial.
Whiteline- Notebooks

No comments: