Monday 6 September 2010

A New Little Local Deli

If you love fresh food from a deli then check out Delifonseca in Liverpool. Originally starting off on Stanley Street they have just opened up in Brunswick Dock, which I visited on Saturday afternoon. Having not visited their original site, I did not know what to expect.  Upon entering the deli your eyes fall upon the various fresh food stands scattered around, from the wide range of local cheeses to the unusual ice creams.  




Apart from your the traditional foods you would come across in a deli, they also offered my favourite a sweet counter which displayed a variety of sweets from around the world with Japanese popcorn to old fashioned boiled sweets. There is a daily blackboard menu celebrating the best of what the deli has to offer. As me and my boyfriend where only popping in we just had a quick drink, a scouse breakfast tea for me and a orange juice for him. I can definitely say we will be going back soon, as it is on my doorstep its the perfect excuse but next time I think I'll be heading to the cake counter they looked especially nice! 

No comments: