Tuesday 31 August 2010

A Weekend of First's

Seeing as this is my first post on my first blog I could not think of what to blog about, then I realised that this weekend was a weekend of firsts for me. First post to begin with and the first bank holiday in my first serious job and that extra day is a god send it feels like a week, an seeing as the next one isn't till Christmas I couldn't wait for it! 

Friday night I went out after work to a relatively new bar in Liverpool called The Ship & Anchor, first time i'd been in there its a little bit hipster and already I have fallen in love with its charm. The buildings past occupiers have been scrubbed away and replaced by rich dark wood interiors, big comfy sofas, and a wide range of artfully fashionable magazines. Hopefully it will be kept under wraps and remain the quirky little bar that it is.  



I haven't been shopping 'properly' in a while and as Autumn/Winter is my favourite seasons to shop for I didn't need no excuse. I was on the hunt for some black leather winter boots but got distracted on my search. H&M is one of my favourite high street shops I always find something in there and they are always on target with the trends at much cheaper prices. I picked up a few pieces but my favourite was this jacket, my first item to my winter wardrobe.



On my little shopping spree I came across a new French label that I instantly fell in love with, Sandro has embraced the bohemian style with the seasons trends that make it so desirable to have in your wardrobe. It's no secret that the French are known for being chic, they like to invest in classic timeless pieces from Chanel to YSL that will last forever. So when it comes to your everyday wardrobe, follow the French and make sure items by Sandro end up on your must-have list as they'll be on mine. My first Sandro purchase was this velvet paisley dress.


The hunt for my leather boots might have taken a bit of a back seat as I was distracted en route however after another day of shopping I finally found what I was looking for. I always find that when I have something in mind when I go shopping I can never find what I want, but Kurt Geiger didn't let me down as usual. My new winter boots (below) that I have no doubt will not be off my feet. By the way the if you go and purchase this weeks Grazia magazine you get 25% off any purchase, that made my boots that little bit more special. 


Little bit random but as Im blogging about first's, I found a copy of Coldplay's 'Viva la Vida' album in my car over the weekend that my boyfriend made for me and its the first time I have listened to it in ages. I since haven't had it out the CD player, I remember the first time I played it I had it on full blast in the car and this morning at 8am I did the same. Having 'Lovers In Japan' on the highest volume, had me wide awake ready for work! 

No comments: