Wednesday 31 August 2011

Fireplaces: Warmth Of The Home.

The last couple of days I find myself wearing knits and scarves to work as the chill of Autumn/Winter arrives and firmly kicks Summer goodbye. If I'm being honest I do love these coming months with the dark nights, wrapping up in chunky knits, cosy afternoons curled up beside a roaring fire, im looking forward to it even writinh about it! Having a glowing fire always has a homely touch to me as it spreads the warmth through the house or many find fireplaces a great way to make a feature in a room. Either way its a feature I love, would you have one in your home? Enjoy! X


6 comments:

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I agree, the fireplace is truly the warmth of the home...you have some beautiful images and I love so many. I can't wait for cool weather and a fire every night...

Meggan said...

i love fireplaces! There is nothing better than reading by the fireplace with a hot apple cider in the fall!

Gild and Grace said...

Gorgeous post! Ahh we are coming out of our long cold winter and you're heading into it. A lovely fireplace makes winter a lot more bearable though :) Abbey x

Cat said...

It is my dream to have a fireplace in my home {someday} ... what a lovely collection!

♥ Cat brideblu

anyaadores said...

Oh i love the round window in the wall - always wanted a round window. Gooorgeous post Abigail.
Axxx

Haute World said...

These are so beautiful! I had two fake fireplaces in my last apartment, but I think a functioning one is the only way to go. There's nothing more romantic or cozy than being able to enjoy the warmth of a real fireplace!