Monday 21 March 2011

Vanilla Macarons



Vanilla Macarons

can’t think of another dessert that’s quite as adorable and scrumptious as macarons, I find them simply divine.  I have spoken about my love of this perfect desert before on my blog, discovering them on a trip to Paris a few Summer's ago with my boyfriend we both developed a fondness for them. The fashion crowd loves them, perhaps because they look so chic, and partly due to their exposure to fine pastries on trips to Europe. I find there is just something about the little cookies sandwiched together that creates a bit of magic with every single bite. 


One of my friend's in work makes the most delicious cupcakes, the icing is thick the sponge is soft and mixed together with the most amazing flavours you can't get enough of them. For the past couple of weeks I have been pestering her to make me some Macarons, she has never made them before but is eager to experiment. When I came into work this morning I discovered that she had made me a dozen of vanilla macaron's, she certainly brightened up my Monday morning. For her first attempt they were amazing, very light with the creamy soft vanilla centre that was maybe a tad too much. I have decided that I am going to bake some of my own macarons (in pistachio, my favourite flavour) and see if they are a success. I will keep you updated on how it goes, fingers crossed. 



6 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! You did a food post as well! These look devine.

Katherine said...

Delicious! I totally want to make my own macarons one day as well...so fun :)

www.featherfactor.com

Haute World said...

Definitely my favorite tasty treat as well. I actually received a macaron recipe book a while back but never got around to making any. I do think it's a little tricky to get the balance and texture just right, but practice makes perfect! Very sweet of your friend to make you those :)

Unknown said...

yummmm these look delish!

http://amandaeburnett.wordpress.com

Jessica said...

I've never tried a macaron! I think today's goal is to find one in my city!

If you're interested, I'm hosting a jewelry giveaway: http://style-obsession.blogspot.com/2011/03/giveaway-third-culture-jewelry-gift.html

Hannah. said...

Yuuuumm, these are so tasty! :) xx

http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/